Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Men's Tank-tops

So this weekend I thought I'd try to find a tank-top I could wear with my binder (without it showing, or at least not showing much).  After about 2 1/2 hours of searching the Tacoma Mall, I realized that all men's tank tops have amazingly low-cut arm holes.  Now, I realize that men tend to sweat more and the large arm holes are supposed to help with that (I'm told it's to cool down the arm pits, but I suspect it's mostly just so the sweat doesn't show).  But really, I'd have expected to find at least ONE tank top with closer cut arm holes.  In the end I went with a tank top from the boys department.  It's also shorter which is good, since I'm only 5' 3" with an appropriate proportioned torso (no I really don't need the extra foot and a half tacked onto most men's tanks and undershirts).  Seriously though, someone could make some serious bank marketing clothing to the trans community.  I mean really, even after transitioning, transmen are still going to average, well, about my height.  And transwomen are going to tend to be taller and have narrow hips... oh wait... they make clothes like that already...

No comments:

Post a Comment